okay. I said it. sometimes, some days its hard to be a mom. it's hard to be a mom of a toddler and be pregnant at the same time. last night i kind of hand a melt down. i think I was really tired. Norah hasn't been sleeping that well which has just compounded the fact that I haven't been sleeping that well. to top it off, it appeared after dinner last night that Norah might have pink eye. that meant i had to skip my scheduled pedicure today and that she might not be able to go to daycare tomorrow. in that moment i just felt so frustrated. I hardly get any time to myself. Now, I had a spa treatment and a day to myself planned and that well-needed break was now in jeopardy! Ahhhhhhh! I realize that to some degree this just sounds like whining, but I figure that I just have to be honest with myself. I was frustrated, I was disappointed. I was feeling the pull of being the woman that a small, curious, energetic, vulnerable girl and her growing sibling rely on, the woman who strives to do her best at her job and for her patients, the wife who tries to be supportive and loving to her husband. That is a lot sometimes.
so after having a heart to heart with Tom (sorry doug & missie for sort of forcing your exit!) and getting some sleep I am trying to get a new perspective. I took Norah to the doctor; she doesn't have pink eye. She appears to have an ear infection and maybe an upper respiratory infection. Dr. Jean gave us a script for bubblegum medicine (also know as amoxicillin). We went for iced coffee, we picked up the medicine at the grocery store, we shared a muffin. Now, as I write this Norah is playing in the living room. I love to hear her little voice as she sings to her self and experiments with sound. My toenails look like hell, but I have a beautiful daughter with an antibiotic and today seems manageable again!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment