Monday, May 12, 2008

What a Weekend!

I feel like I just said that a couple of weekends ago, but this weekend was jam packed with fun. Thursday into Friday Norah and I visited Nonnie and BisNonno. They got a kick out of seeing her walk. Friday evening, we went to the Providence Bruins game. Sadly, they lost 5-4 to the Portland Pirates and are now out of the playoffs. We did however get our picture taken.

Saturday was the Stitch N' Pitch event at the Paw Sox that I organized. It was exhausting, but everyone had a good time. Norah was very cooperative and charmed all the new people she met. Here are some pictures.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Norah and Tom bought me a Wii! I haven't much time to play it yet because we had our families over for a cookout to honor the moms. Norah got to visit with all of her aunts & uncles (except Jon in CA) and all her grandparents. After dinner, Daddy took Norah and Cecilia for a ride in the wagon. The fact that their outfits match is a coincidence, unless they actually know how to use our cell phones (when we think they are just playing with them).




Tom & I had gifts for our moms; store bought things and the news that our family will be getting bigger! I am due in mid January!!

Below are some posts that I wrote earlier this week, but didn't post until our parents were in the know:

May 7, 2008

So I didn’t have enough patience to wait until I was actually “late.” I broke down a took a test today. Here is what it said:




Luckily, this time around Tom wasn’t out of cell range. He was in bed, sleeping. Despite being 6 am I went in and woke him up with the news. Needless to say, we are both excited. I left work a bit early today so that I could get to the lab before they closed. I will have definite results tomorrow morning at 9:00 am.

Assuming that we are pregnant, it looks like Norah will become a Big Sister around the middle of January.

May 8, 2008

So the nurse at Dr.'s office confirmed this morning that we are pregnant!! We have our first ultrasound and a meeting with a nurse on June 12th. They will estimate our due date based on the ultrasound. My count of 40 weeks brings us to January 17th. I should be home with the baby in time for the football playoffs.

No comments: