Saturday, August 01, 2009

Welcome August

 
Originally I planned on today being a busy day, preparing for our camping trip. However, there has been a fair amount of drama and stress around here this past week (we are fine, but our cat Dave is gone, I am dealing with some challenges that have been in "my past" and Tom's Poppa died this morning) so I decided that our day would be spent relaxing.


Norah slept until after 8:30....pretty late for her. After her juice, we set up the kiddie pool
 










Finn was keeping an eye on things from his exersaucer. He's drooling like crazy because he cut his second tooth yesterday
 











After his diaper change, I decided to see how Finn felt about the pool. He enjoyed sitting up for several minutes. Sitting is a skill that has literally appeared this past week.
 

he also enjoyed playing the in shallow water on his belly, kicking and splashing with Norah.




Mom managed to get a little knitting in while the kids were having fun
 
Posted by Picasa


 

I want to know how the Rose of Sharon bush knows that it's August first. That always amazes me that it blooms right as August begins.

No comments: