Thursday, December 04, 2008

Finn: Growing like a weed!



We just returned from our ultrasound and visit with the midwife. All the measurements looked good and his heart was beating strongly (122 bpm). We got to see him "practice breathing." Apparently, babies need to do this once every 30 minutes to prepare for breathing on the outside. Finn did it twice in less than 15 minutes.....already an overachiever, or just obsessive like his mom :)

The weight estimate was 5 lbs, 13 oz which puts him in the 84th percentile for size! I am 33 weeks, 5 days pregnant and he is measuring at 36 weeks! The ultrasound tech said he's a good sized boy (she did confirm the boy part) and that he's also long. His thigh bone is up under my ribs right now. The good news there is that he is head down! Let's stay that way please!

I have another visit in two weeks (35 +) then I go to weekly visits. Thats a sign that the end is near! There will be another ultrasound around 38 weeks when we'll decide whether a scheduled C-section is the best plan.

No comments: