Thursday, July 09, 2009

Roger Williams Park Zoo

Now we can cross this area zoo off of our summer "to do" list. We managed to get a day where our work schedules lined up and the weather wasn't horrible. This is somewhat of an achievement this summer since Tom & I having been working opposite each other and it has rained more days than it hasn't.

We packed a lunch and headed off to Roger Williams Park Zoo. I was looking forward to showing Norah the giraffes because she is fond of them in the books that we read. She'll tell you that a giraffe has a "loooooong neck." I wasn't sure if RW had elephants, but Norah & Finn wore their elephant t-shirts. It turns out that since my last visit, there is a new elephant/giraffe area.
 


 


Norah really enjoyed the different birds. Especially this one, that tried to bite her hand when she put it up against the glass. She thought this was hilarious.
 



We took a lunch break around 11 am. There was a chicken roaming around in the picnic area which Norah & lots of other kids found entertaining. Later in the day we stopped for an ice cream treat. It is a pleasure to take Norah places and buy her treats because she is still too young to expect them. I'm sure the "gimme" stage will come but for now I am enjoying her innocence.
 


Despite how it looks in this picture, she did share with mommy & daddy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: