Saturday, May 23, 2009

checkups

On Thursday, both kids had well-baby checkups at the pediatrician; Norah for her two year and Finn for his four months.

Finn weighed in at 17 lbs 3 oz (90th percentile) and 25 inches long. Doc said that he looks good but that perhaps he's getting "a little bit extra" in the eating department. This may be why he didn't suggest starting solids even though Finn's head control is quite good. (or it may be that he forgot about it, like I did with all the commotion of having both kids in the exam room). Finn had 2 immunization shots but he barely cried. I teased him that he couldn't feel the shots because his thighs are so fat :)

Norah weighed in at 21 lbs 14 oz. I couldn't hear what the nurse said about her height, but she is in the 25th percentile. She is hanging on to the weight chart by a thread but Doc isn't concerned about it. She has met or exceeded all of the developmental milestones they check at 2 years old. She did leave the office with a prescription for an antibiotic due to a bit of fluid on her ear. Norah didn't have any shots, but she did have a finger stick to get blood for lead screening. She handled it fairly well....and I think we managed to keep her from eating the tiny band-aid this time.

I knew that Finn was bigger at four months than Norah was but I wasn't sure my how much. I went here to check.

No comments: