Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finding a Rhythm

I am sure that many people have noticed the increased duration between blog posts recently. I swore that having a second child would not deter my blogging....I may have slowed, but I am NOT stopping.
We have reached new heights on the "hectic meter" around here since my return to work at the beginning of April. Although, this additional responsibility has made us even busier, it really is going well. We decided during my maternity leave that I would return to work "per diem." This means that I am not committed to any particular nursing home or to any certain number of hours each week. I am working "as needed" at various area homes on days when Tom is able to be home with Finn. I was concerned that the inconsistent income might be stressful, but so far I have had plenty of hours. I have actually had to turn several down, as I can only be in one place at a time.
Being back to work does mean that Tom & I pass like ships in the night sometimes. It also means that our house is messier and that we are both tired. Despite that, we are still finding time to do some fun stuff. We have become "regulars" at the Buttonwood Park Zoo



Finn's head control has gotten much better so we brought up the Bumbo seat. He likes it just fine....but Norah likes it more. She has decided that it's her seat (which it was) but she is willing to give him "a turn" when she feels like it.



Thursday we spent the day at the Museum of Science (free admission with above Zoo membership!!) Most of the exhibits are still over Norah's head but she LOVED the Discovery Room (which is designed for children 8 and under).

No comments: